Thursday, February 10, 2011

Taking Care of Business

I've been contemplating a made to order dancewear business for the past few months.  With the numerous dance studios in the area, I think it could work.  I recently unearthed some old leotards, and tutu bodices I had made many years ago, and the idea became stronger.

Usually when I'm at the local fabric shop, I look in the remnants section for pretty brocades, lycra, or dull satin fabrics, all fabrics that make fabulous ballet bodices.  The great thing about remnants are they are cheap!  And your typical leotard or ballet bodice will use no more than 1/2 to 3/4 of a yard.  It's a win, win situation!

Saete's Fabrics and Trims in Sacramento is a great store for stretch fabrics.  They have the biggest variety of stretch fabrics, I have ever seen.  When I made competition leotards, they were my go to source for fabrics and trimmings.

Another favorite fabric store is Hi Fashion fabrics, they have a variety of bridal satins, bengalines, brocades, and nets, great for your classical or romantic tutus and bodices.

Now, to work on my website, find my pictures of the leotards I made in the past, take picture of new projects
and get creative!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting. What a wonderful way to express all that creativity that goes on in your little head. Can't wait to see you new business evolve.

    ReplyDelete